Saturday, September 6, 2014

Leandro Granato Paints With His Eyes

An Argentinian artist Leandro Granato made use of his eyes to paint. He has done this kind of method by snorting the paint through his nose and push the paint out of his eye socket. He uses 800 ml of paint for each piece. This talent of his was discovered by him during his childhood. “Ever since I was a kid I knew I had a special connection between my eye and my nose,” he explains. “As I grew up I started realizing air and liquids could go out of my eye if I put them through my nose.”


This is now new technique of painting which he called eye-painting.  “When I decided I would do this for a living my whole family thought I was going crazy – as well as many other people”, says the artist. But he prove them wrong and now, each of his artwork are sold for $2,400. Each artwork can take him between 10 minutes and 10 months to finish.


According to him, the artist Jackson Pollok is his biggest inspiration. Pollok is known for his abstract works using the drip technique. Granato says “Jackson Pollock is one of my inspirations mainly because at first nobody understood him, and he was pointed out to be crazy.” But it wasn’t until the death of his grandfather that he actually began exercising his artistic talents as a coping mechanism. He says that “My motivation to become an artist first came when my grandfather died because of cancer” adding that “After this loss, I started painting to overcome this pain.”

“Some say I’m crazy, but my technique doesn’t hurt my body,” Leandro Granato explains, adding that “I’m constantly being examined by expert doctors, and the formula I came up with is harmless. It will not cause me any health problems in the future.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...