Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Enriching Your Vocabulary Through Reading

Ever since I was a kid, I have always been an avid reader of fiction books. It has been my passion and habit to always read a book almost everyday. My mom used to tell me that in order for me to be able have a rich vocabulary, I need to learn the importance of reading. And through the formative years of my life, she is the one who thought me and bought me some books that could help me have a better vocabulary. And somehow, I've seen that it really paid off because I became one of the cream of crop in our class in grade school and was always part of the competition when it comes to reading and writing. 

Reading books, magazines, newspapers, and other reading materials can definitely improve your knowledge not only in gaining new words. When you stumble upon a word that you do not know, better to consult a dictionary. And when you already know the meaning, make sure to make two sentences using that word. This will help you retain the word in your memory. This is why it would be better for you to have separate notebook where you can write all of your vocabulary words and make sure to use them in a sentence.

Watching English movies can also help you develop your vocabulary. What I also like about watching English movies is that you can be able to develop an accent by merely hearing how the actors deliver their lines. This can also develop your way of speaking.

I hope the tips that I have provided can help you improve your knowledge and vocabulary.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...